Bruce Trail Caledon Section, Hockley Loop

On Sunday October 15th...
  • Bruce Trail white section counting towards my end to end: from 3rd Line at Hockley Valley to the end of the Caledon section, on 3rd Line at Country Rd 8.
  • I parked at the top of the Caledon section
  • 17C, raining 75% of time, consistent wind, lots of downed leaves, slippery
  • Started running around 6:30am with headlamp, kept it on until about 9am as the clouds kept the forest dark in spots
  • Total run: 29.1 km in 3:06 for a average pace of 6:25/km


  • The total Elevation gain was 727m
  • I only saw 3 hikers, 4 MTBers the whole time, not surprisingly as the rain scares away the hikers and attracts MTBers as they think there's no hikers on a trail that is clearly marked "No Biking".
  • Shoes (Salming Elelments) collected a lot of water. Dirt gets into the side screens and there is no way for it to get out.
  • Lot's of padding in shoe heel which acts like a sponge
  • Treads are great on the leaves and the hills, but slide on wood bridges and are begining to wear on the toed treads. 77k on shoes so far and they are showing signs of wear.
  • Any time the trail empties out on a road I choose gravel of paved surface.
This Porcupine would not get off the trail. Just kept pointing his butt at me and waddling along. Took me 3 minutes to pass him. 

Branch of the Nottawasaga River

I Heart Hockley

Did I mention it was wet?!!!