Assessing My Gear: Saucony Peregine 3.0

(This gear assessment reflects my impressions of the product mentioned, it will be continuously updated and it's main purpose is to help me in identifying the key characteristics that I enjoy in my outdoor equipment.)

My first impression was: "This thing grips!" And it continued to grip for over 500 kms with about 10% of that being on mixed road. I mention that off the bat because it's a significant factor in the demise of the tread integrity. I imagine that if I were to only use it on the trail then it would have undoubtubly lasted longer.

Toe Box is too narrow. I suffered a number of bruised toes from having limited space/protection in the front end. I like a little bit more than what this model was able to provide.

Top fabric eventually began to rip due to in-shoe pressure of my foot. I suspect because the toe box is so narrow.

Tucked my laces in the side. Comes with a small metal loop near the toe but the laces were so long that all this did was direct the laces towards the toe and could cause a trip.

Handled the mud well. Cleaned easily. 

Wet limestone, snow and moss - I always trusted my footing. Much more likely that the object that I was stepping on would move than me loose grip.


Other Peregrine 3 Reviews:
http://www.runningshoesguru.com/2013/05/saucony-peregrine-3-review/
http://runblogger.com/2013/10/saucony-peregrine-3-trail-shoe-review.html
http://www.trailrunningreview.com/es/Saucony_Progrid-Peregrine-3/REVIEW--316.html